I love it when things stack up in my favor.
Like these homemade chicken tenders stacked upon those buttery waffles.
See what I mean?
Even when I have to do the stacking for myself! Chicken & Waffles are a perfect pair. It’s salty and sweet. A balance of tenderness and crunch. Satisfaction on a plate.
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 6 uncooked chicken tenderloins
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1/4 cup of corn meal
- vegetable oil
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together in a medium bowl.
- In another bowl, beat the milk, eggs, melted butter and vanilla extract. Pour the milk mixture over the dry mixture and stir into a batter.
- Heat your waffle iron. When it’s ready, pour the batter in and let it do its thing.
- Season the chicken. Sprinkle half of the spices over the chicken. Make sure all pieces get some coverage. Toss the chicken around in a bowl if necessary.
- In a small bowl combine flour, corn meal and the rest of the spices. Mix it up.
- Toss chicken into the dry ingredients until coated.
- Heat oil in a cast iron skillet or a pan deep enough to hold about 1/2 inch of oil.
- Place tenders into the hot oil for 2 minutes. Then remove.