Sometimes a meal just floats around in my head for a while before I actually make it.
This one did.
Yes, I daydream of food. I fantasize about flavors. This is just who I am.
That being said, I decided the frozen shrimp in the freezer, the angel hair pasta in the pantry and a jar of Bertolli Vodka sauce in my fridge really needed to get better acquainted. I’ve just been too busy to introduce them.
Last night, I stopped being so selfish and organized a meeting. They just loved each other. They got along so well and my tastebuds were rewarded for being so kind.
Bertolli Vodka Sauce
Bacon (chopped and cooked)
Angel Hair pasta
Red Pepper Flakes
1. Get some water boiling in a pot, then in a separate skillet, cook your cut up bacon. Drain the bacon on paper towels. Wipe out the skillet.
2. Now get the zucchini over and saute it a few minutes in a skillet, add a drop of olive oil if you need to you don’t want them to stick. Season the zucchini with salt, pepper, garlic powder and a few red pepper flakes. When they are tender remove them and set them aside.
3. In that same skillet, cook your shrimp, season them with salt, pepper, garlic and red pepper flakes. When they have turned pink and curled, remove them and set them aside.
4. Now! In your trusty skillet, pour about a cup of the vodka sauce. Add back 2/3 of the zucchini and 2/3 of your bacon. Let this simmer.
5. Drop the angel hair into your boiling water. Use about 2 servings worth. Drain when done.
6. Pour the sauce into the pot with the pasta. Combine. Toss in shrimp
7. Plate your pasta and top with the reserved bacon, zucchini and chopped bacon