I love breakfast and brunch foods. I think it’s because I really like mornings. And a proper hot breakfast that includes eggs is the way I prefer to start my day.
Fritattas are a go-to favorite. It’s like a baked omelette or a crustless quiche and very portable so if I make it ahead, I have a delightful breakfast option that I can simply heat and eat in the morning. This is very practical on weekdays when I have to get the little ones dropped off before work, there’s not always time to cook a fresh breakfast or sit down to eat at home. It’s a good breakfast staple to have in your repertoire.
This one has an Italian flare because I used Italian sausage, Italian cheeses, peppers and mushrooms. But you could use any fillings you’d like.
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 4 oz baby bellas, sliced
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 8 oz of shredded Italian cheese
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 cooked Italian sausages, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees
- On the stove top, heat an oven safe skillet, add the olive oil, then sautée onion, pepper and sausage in the skillet until the veggies are soft and the meat is heated through. Remove from heat and set aside
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs until combined, then fold in the cheese stir to evenly distribute the cheese.
- Next, pour the egg, cheese mixture into skillet, stir to distribute ingredients evenly.
- Place the skillet into the oven for 15 to 20 minutes. Bake until it’s solid