Get closer. The weekend is approaching and that means lazy mornings with luxurious brunches.
Quiche is simple enough to make but the ingredients can be as complex as your cravings.
I jammed maple bacon, gorgonzola cheese, sweet onions and spinach into this one. It was everything my heart needed. Fully sweet and salty yet also tangy and rich with the creamy texture of that cheese and the buttery crust.
Spinach and Bacon Quiche
- (This recipe will make two, but you can cut it in half for 1 quiche)
- 2 frozen deep dish pie crusts
- 12 oz bag of frozen spinach
- 6 strips of Bacon
- 1 medium sweet onion
- 8 oz of gorgonzola cheese
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups of cream (for a lighter version use half and half, if you’d like it lighter still then you can use whole milk and even lighter than that would be skim milk)
- Start by cooking your raw ingredients. Chop your bacon and cook until done, then drain on a napkin and set aside. Discard bacon grease from pan. Next, in the same pan you can saute your onions until they soften add defrosted and drained spinach and saute for about 2 minutes until those are combined. Set aside.
- In a bowl, crack your eggs and beat until combined. Add the cream (or your liquid of choice) and gently combine. Then slowly add the ingredients from your pan and the bacon. Pour the mixture into your pie pans and bake at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes until filling has solidified and the crust is brown.