It’s so reliable and very supportive.
No matter what, you can trust it to back you up.
I prepared this recipe for some clients recently. It’s called Swiss Chard Rice with Peas and Toasted Almonds. That’s a long name, I know, but the dish is simple and fresh and light. We just loved it.
I bought some Swiss Chard to recreate the dish at home for myself, but of course, I couldn’t just leave the recipe as is. I added smoked turkey sausage, onions and shrimp. Delish!
Chard (rough chopped)
Turkey Sausage (sliced)
1. Cook your rice, set aside and let it cool. Fluff with a fork to make sure the grains separate and cool. Otherwise, if you leave them in the pot, the heat will keep cooking your rice, it’ll get mushy and stick together.
2. In a sautee pan, with a little olive oil, cook onions and sausage. Let the sausage brown a bit and the onions soften.
3. Add the chard and let it wilt and darken.
4. Toss in the peas, I use frozen peas. At this point add some salt and pepper.
5. Season your shrimp.
6. Add the shrimp, letting them cook for about 2 minutes.
7. Now add the rice to the skillet and fold it all together. Let it warm all the way through.
8. It’s ready to eat.