That’s the way I like it. Once again I found myself hungry with a scant number of ingredients. Nothing planned for dinner either, but that’s when creativity strikes hardest.
It’s actually kind of exciting.
I had some bags of frozen veggies (spinach, peas, broccoli) + some chicken breasts, pasta, some heavy cream and an onion.
All of that (plus a quarter of piece of turkey kielbasa) = one light and easy angel hair pasta dish.
Spinach Alfredo Pasta (with chicken)
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1/4 kielbasa (optional)
- 1 cup of frozen chopped spinach
- 2 cups of cream
- 2 thin chicken breasts
- Season chicken breasts with Salt Pepper and Garlic Powder, set aside while you heat up a skillet.
- Dice the sausage and onions and sautee together in a separate skillet, once the onions soften reduce heat and pour in the cream. Let it simmer. Stirring often
- Defrost your spinach and squeeze all of the excess water from it. You should have a cup’s worth after the water is omittted. Toss that into the cream sauce and salt and pepper to taste.
- Boil your noodles (2 servings worth, according to package instructions) then drain.
- Sear your chicken for at least 2 minutes per side. Let them rest a bit then slice them up.
- Combine your cream sauce and noodles. Top with chicken breasts and serve.