The sunshine and cool breeze have me mesmerized so I’ve been spending a lot of time out in the yard under my gazebo eating ice cream. This outdoor living is a huge accomplishment in itself. It took a lot of sweat and elbow grease to get the yard together, but I did it and now I’m loving it.
Being out there has me thinking it’s prime time for some barbecue! Now grilling is a little more than I want to get into right now. Instead, I turned on the slow cooker to create this succulent pulled pork sandwich.
The side? It’s sweet potato salad.
1lb pork loin roast
1. Season meat on all sides with salt and pepper, then sear in a hot skillet on all sides. You need to brown all sides in order to keep the juices sealed inside. Remove and place in a slow cooker
2. Slow cook the pork on low according to your cookers instructions. 4 hours will do.
3. After 4 hours, check the meat, it will be done, fork it apart and add sauces and let slow cook for about 2 more hours.
sweet POTATO SALAD
1lb sweet potatoes
1/2 cup Mayo
2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
3 tbsp brown sugar
diced red onions
1. Peel and dice potatoes into bite sized pieces.
2. Place potatoes in a pot and cover with room temperature water, bring to a boil.
3. When the water starts to boil, your potatoes are done. Remove from heat, drain and set aside to cool.
4. In the bottom of a large bowl, mix seasonings and taste as you go
5. Fold in the potatoes.