This is a quickie, but it’s a goodie. I”ve been thinking of ways to expand my breakfast repertoire.
I’m on maternity leave now, so I have more time to make a sit down meal. Of course if I woke up even earlier, I would always have time to sit and eat, but let’s be realistic.I need handheld food.
I need things I can heat and eat in the car. I have to get my third grader to school on time and now that we’ve added the baby’s needs to the morning mix, momma has to be creative.
So! This morning I was thinking, how can I get my faves to travel well?
Answer: Quesadilla. It’s what’s for breakfast.
Cheese holds the contents together. Insert, eggs and whatever else tickles your tastebuds.
For this 8-inch tortilla, I used 2 eggs, one half avocado, a sprinkling of shredded cheddar and 3 heaping tablespoons of salsa.
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 2 eggs
- Handful of Shredded Cheddar
- 1/2 Avocado
- Heat a nonstick pan and add butter. When the butter has melted crack two eggs into the pan. Scramble the eggs by pushing the content into the center of the pan. When the eggs are mostly solid, but still a bit wet, add the cheese, then remove from heat. Set aside
- Take a tortilla and heat it a separate pan. When it’s warm, stack your eggs and avocado in the center. Add another layer of cheese and the salsa then top with the another tortilla.
- Press down so that the contents can get evenly distributed and the cheese melts and holds everything together.
- Carefully flip the quesadilla so that the top tortilla is on the bottom. After a minute or so, remove the entire quesadilla from the pan. Cut into quarters and eat.